The perfect start with leading technology
The NanoWizard Sense+ is a high-quality, entry level AFM, that enables AFM imaging with excellent resolution and highest mechanical and thermal stability, even on an inverted optical microscope. Based on the proven NanoWizard technology, it delivers high performance measurements in air and liquid on samples ranging from single molecules, living cells and tissues to polymers and nanomaterials. Thanks to its modular and flexible design, it can be easily upgraded to a full NanoWizard® 4 XP system with application-specific components and add-on features.
Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (PFM) of a ferroelectric copolymer (click on the image for details).
Topography and Contact Resonance frequency images of a glass surface showing surface contamination from the production process.
Living Vero cells in cell culture medium. AFM image and overlay with phase contrast and fluorescence, taken using PeakForce Tapping® mode and the patented DirectOverlay™ 2 software feature.
Versatility, flexibility and modularity
The NanoWizard family is renowned for its wide range of optional accessories, modes and features, providing the highest flexibility for all your applications.
- Sample handling: The large standard sample volume (Ø140×18mm3) can be enhanced with specialized options, such as motorized positioning, StretchingStage for AFM on samples under mechanical load, Head-up Stage extension up to 14cm in Z for taller samples, and shuttle stage for high NA upright optics with BioMAT™.
- Temperature control: High and low temperature options (e.g., unique CryoStage: -120°C up to 220°C), with and without perfusion or gas control.
- Open access: Utmost versatility in experiment design, e.g., simultaneous use of micro-pipettes or electrical probes in contact with the sample with AFM.
- Electrical measurements: Conductive AFM, KPM, EFM, MFM, STM, Piezoresponse microscopy, electrochemistry with temperature control and optics.
- Mechanical measurements: Optimized Force Mapping, Contact Resonance imaging, NanoManipulation, NanoLithography and NanoIndentation. Advanced Force Spectroscopy for applications ranging from single molecule force spectroscopy to viscoelastic mechanics.
Optical integration perfected
NanoWizard AFMs stand for unparalleled optical integration. Thanks to its unique tip-scanning design, the system can be combined with advanced optics and used simultaneously with standard condensers and reflection microscopy, even through thin coverslips, and on all major inverted optical microscopes.
- Designed for high quality imaging in air and liquid with excellent resolution, lowest noise and maximum usability
- Now with Bruker’s exclusive PeakForce Tapping as an option
- Unique tip-scanning design and patented DirectOverlay™ 2 mode enable seamless integration with optical microscopy
- Comprehensive force measurements from single molecules to living cells
- New workflow-based user interface for ergonomics and ease of operation
- Outstanding flexibility with a broad range of modes and accessories for the characterization of mechanical, electrical, optical, magnetic and chemical samples properties, including state-of-the-art FluidFM cantilevers for cell injection and manipulation
- Can be easily upgraded to a full NanoWizard® 4 XP AFM system